To ensure the normal operation of a web resource, application or CRM-system, you need to spend a lot of time, and special attention should be paid to the choice of a suitable server. There are several options available now, which include Windows VPS server, shared hosting, physical server and business hosting. Each of them has its own characteristics, which we will look at in more detail.
Virtual hosting is the cheapest, but not always effective
Classic shared hosting is used if you need to create a business card site or a resource that does not need too much power. In this case, many websites will be connected to one server, and all the computing power that the physical machine has will be distributed between the web resources.
The main advantage of this option is its relatively low cost. By using virtual server services, you can reduce costs. You can also make things easier if you use Wordpress optimized hosting.
The minus is a strong dependence on all other web resources that are connected to the server. For example, if one site is targeted by hackers, other resources may be affected.
Therefore, if you plan to buy Ukrainian web hosting, focus on your needs and objectively consider all the pros and cons that may await you during its use.
Business Hosting. More reliable than shared and cheaper than virtual server
Especially for aspiring entrepreneurs who do not want to use a classic virtual server or shared hosting, there is business hosting.
It is a unique model that is devoid of the disadvantages that were shared. Business hosting provides reliable and high performance servers that allow businesses to keep their websites and other online resources running consistently. It also offers increased security and scalability, which is especially important for businesses seeking efficient growth and data protection.
Although the capacity is distributed according to the same principle as in a virtual server, the costs in this case will be relatively small. This option is preferable if you need to launch a business card site or static web portal.
Dedicated server. Comparison of 2 options
If the user has a need to ensure the normal operation of the CRM-system, it is worth paying attention to a dedicated server. He’s good for:
- working with large databases;
- of handling a large number of requests on a daily basis;
- the use of complex scripts.
Now you can choose either a VPS or a physical server. The cost of the first option is lower, but the capabilities of a dedicated server are less. That is why owners of large projects prefer to buy VIP hosting for the site.
To choose the right one for you, you should pay attention to the following aspects:
- By favoring a physical server, you can have complete control. The buyer is provided with access to the data center (data center), which greatly simplifies the process of equipment maintenance and adjustment of settings.
- A physical server is able to increase the level of data protection. It provides more isolation between clients, which can reduce the risk of external attacks.
- VPS in turn is characterized by flexibility. If necessary, you can increase or decrease the amount of allocated resources depending on the changing load on your virtual server.
- A physical server provides you with resources that will not be shared with other users, ensuring they are available at all times.
- Each VPS has its own virtual environment that is isolated from other VPSs on the physical server. This ensures that resources such as CPU time, memory, and disk space are allocated and available only to your VPS, ensuring predictable performance.
To make a choice in favor of a physical or VPS-server, you should be guided by the needs of your online project. You should also consider both the advantages and disadvantages of each option (price, security level, technical capabilities, etc.).
What to choose, shared hosting or dedicated server?
To make the right decision, you need to first decide on your preferences and needs. For example, for a business card site is well suited virtual hosting, and for larger projects it makes sense to choose VPS or physical server. When choosing the second option, you should pay special attention to its technical characteristics (processor, SSD, memory capacity, etc.).
Also, do not forget about the availability of such a service as hosting reselling. With it, you can rent server space and resources from a web hosting provider and then resell them to other customers, acting as an intermediary and providing hosting services under your own brand.