To the right of the domain name is the domain zone. It is introduced specifically so that the affiliation as well as the purpose of the web portal can be immediately clarified. Domain zones are distinguished not only by name but also by level. For example, the top level is quite often chosen by large companies that are willing to spend a large amount of money on it, often amounting to tens of thousands of dollars and more.
A breakdown of popular domain zones
All domain zones are conditionally divided into several types:
- National. Each country has its own domain zone. For example, in Ukraine, the domain
zone is .ua, .us in the US, and.pl in Poland.
- Regional (top-level domain zones). They may be prepared for large regions or for some cities.
- Thematic. This includes all other domain zones.
Not so long ago, a study was conducted to establish the most popular and frequently used domain zones. They include such as:
- The largest and most popular domain zone is .com. It is used by users to host many web portals and websites. This domain was originally developed for commercial purposes, but over time it has become widely used.
- The German national domain zone .de is no less popular. It was first used to register the web portal of the Technical University of Dortmund. Gradually, it began to be used by companies, organizations and individuals.
- The .net domain zone was registered more than 30 years ago. For a long time it was actively used by those companies that worked in the field of network technologies. Now this domain zone is used by a variety of humorous, entertainment and other organizations.
The number of domain zones is constantly increasing. Therefore, in each case, a choice can be made in favor of a suitable option. You can use an identifier to transfer the domain if necessary.
Which domain zone is best for business
In order to do business online, you need to choose the right first level domain. To make it easier to navigate, you can use a few valuable guidelines:
- Initially, it is worth choosing only those domain zones that perfectly match the direction of the business. For example, for a variety of stores and trading platforms often use such domain zones as .market, .shop, as well as.store, .discount. If the company is engaged in the delivery of certain products or drinks, then you can choose .coffee, .food, .eat. For IT-sphere domains .tech, .data, .digital are suitable. In other words, to make it easier to navigate, it is worth determining the direction of the business.
- The next step is to select a few suitable options in the domain zones that have been selected. This will allow you to prepare an effective website address.
- It is equally important to choose an attractive and interesting website name that will be popular.
Choosing the right domain zone for an online business determines how successful it will be. Therefore, it is better to buy first level domain from trusted providers. After all, they are ready to offer the best options.
Selecting a domain zone for information resources
In order to choose a suitable domain zone for an informational site, you need to consider not only the topic of the web portal, but also what audience will be interested in the information. There are names that are only used when considering highly specialized information. In order to eliminate the error, you need to choose a first-level domain zone through which you can disclose the purpose of the web portal.
Regional, national or state domain zones can be used for this purpose. At the same time, it is necessary to focus on the region or country in which the main audience is concentrated. If the site will be visited by people from different countries, it is better to use international domain zones. In this case, the traffic to the site will constantly increase. It will also be much easier to resell the domain and sell the site in the future.
Which domain zone to choose for an organization’s website
Many organizations and companies that operate offline are gradually moving online. In order for this transition to bring the expected results, it is worth choosing the right domain zone. This process can be simplified by paying attention to several aspects:
- It is necessary to take into account the direction of work. For example, if the company is engaged in organizing online courses or certain trainings, you can leave your choice on .courses, .training. News portals choose such domain zones as .press, .day, as well as .news, .now, .today.
- The chosen domain zone should be characterized by simplicity and convenience. How quickly a person remembers the name also determines how many potential customers will click through to the organization’s web portal.
- To make it easier to navigate, you can look at what domain zones and names your competitors are using. Additionally, it is worth evaluating the traffic to their sites using the appropriate services.
Using fairly simple rules, it will be possible to choose the best domain zone for the organization. If after some time the entrepreneur wants to change the sphere of activity, it will be possible to perform domain reselling on favorable terms, spending relatively little time.
General recommendations when choosing a domain zone
When creating and launching your web project, one of the primary decisions is choosing a domain zone. After all, the right domain can be a key factor in the success of your online endeavors. The following tips will help you make this process easier:
- Search engines do not react to the use of top-level keywords (.insurance, .jewelry, etc.) as a domain zone. Therefore, think of this tactic as an element of memorization among customers who are already familiar with your site, rather than an SEO optimization element that will help those customers engage.
- Regional or city domain zones do not offer any special advantages. If the .istanbul domain zone is used, it will not be higher than .ua or .com.
- If you need to attract users in a particular country or region, you can use two-character domain zones. Most search engines consider such domains to be more relevant. Additionally, you need to consider that it is the national domain that is very useful for geographic targeting.
In order to make a choice in favor of a suitable domain zone, you need to pay attention to the consonance, as well as the aesthetics of the chosen option. It is important that the option chosen is relatively simple. Preferably, users should be able to memorize the domain zone fairly quickly. This is especially important for those companies and individuals who are just planning to launch a portal. After all, short and concise domain names and zones can reduce the time that will be spent on portal promotion.
Another important condition is to match the theme of the site and the theme of the domain zone. This is an aspect that almost all search engines pay closer attention to. Therefore, it is important to use a domain zone that will allow identification by topic as well as by geography.
From how responsibly the user will choose the domain zone and name, depends on how much the resource will be visited.