Support for PHP 8 on hosting
On November 26, 2020, PHP 8 was released. This version of PHP is already available for selection and use on our hosting site.
The main innovations in this version:
- Named arguments – Specify only necessary parameters, skip the optional ones.
- Attributes – Instead of PHPDoc annotations you can use structural metadata with native PHP syntax.
- Declaring properties in the constructor – Less boilerplate code to define and initialize properties.
- Union types – Instead of using PHPDoc annotations for union types, you can use union type declarations that are checked at runtime.
- Match Expression – The new match expression is similar to the switch operator, but with special features
- Nullsafe operator – Instead of checking for null you can use a sequence of calls with the new Nullsafe operator.
- Improved string and number comparison – PHP 8 uses number comparison when comparing with a number string. Otherwise, the number is converted to a string and a string comparison is used.
- Type consistency errors for built-in functions – Most internal functions now throw an Error exception if an error occurs during parameter checking.