ISPmanager 5 Business launches
ISPmanager 5 Business – a hosting control panel for hosting providers. You can order a license for ISPmanager Business from your BILLmanager account or from the ISPsystem licenses page on our website.
- centralized management of shared-hosting servers using a single panel
- the ability to specify for each server what roles it performs (web-server, email-server, dns-server, database server)
- Flexible customization of the control panel for the client’s needs with Policies
- detailed statistics on the use of various resources of each server
The old names for the Lite and Pro editions give the wrong impression of their differences, so we decided to change them. We position ISPmanager Business as a software product for shared-hosting services. And the Lite version is intended exclusively for use on servers that are used for personal or company needs, i.e. No clients are expected on servers with ISPmanager Lite. We hope that the name Business reflects this fact well.
Installation and Migration
The ISPmanager 5 Business beta version is currently available for ordering and installation. This is a well tested and fully functional version of the product, which has all the necessary features, and which you can already use to provide services to customers. However, according to our internal regulations, it will get the status of stable after evaluation by customers. Installation is carried out only on the new server, migration from the old is realized by migrating users by means of the panel. Installation and initial setup instructions are described in our Documentation
Prices and migration from ISPmanager 4 Pro
- Perpetual license holders of ISPmanager 4 Pro get a 30% discount on the price of ISPmanager Business.
- Users with a 1-month or 1-year license can upgrade for free.
- If you switch from ISPmanager 5 Lite, you will need to pay the difference between the cost of licenses.
Plans for the next 2 months
Update 5.21 (November 12):
- Migration of users between servers, both internal and external
- CloudLinux support (limits and php-selector)
Update 5.22 (December 10):
- Support for CentOS 7
And, of course, lots of small improvements based on your wishes.
What will happen with ISPmanager 4
- December 1, 2014 – ordering ISPmanager 4 Lite and Pro will be available only to existing customers (i.e. those who by that time have at least one license of ISPmanager 4)
- December 1, 2015 – Ordering new ISPmanager 4 licenses will not be available to everyone. At the same time, we are discontinuing free consultations on these versions (on the forum and in the personal cabinet)
- December 1, 2016 – completely stop releasing updates for ISPmanager 4 (even related to critical vulnerabilities). We also stop providing any support, consulting, and paid enhancements.
Total life cycle of ISPmanager 4 started on March 19, 2004 and until December 1, 2016, will be 12 years and 8 months, which is a very long time in the software world.
Please note, that you may continue to use ISPmanager 4 perpetual licenses at your discretion for as long as you like, even after the official end of the product lifecycle.